St-Norbertus Psychiatry - The Mad House - Duffel

In the seventies my father's only brother locked his mother, my Bobonne, away in St-Norbertus psychiatry, Duffel. Don't know how he managed but he did. My uncle drank too much, an alcoholic. Addicted as he was he needed money. So, once he got his mother interned he sold lots of antiques out of her house. One day we drove in our 404 Familiale to Duffel to visit her. Awful crying echoed all through the hallways, spooky phantoms, cold solitude and bitter loneliness. Where we found our Bobonne, in a locked cell, she sat on a chair, apathetically staring, broken by drugs. There was no way gettin' her out, St-Norbertus defenitly couldn't or wouldn't let her go. Secretly my father settled an arrangement in a nice retirement home in her old neighbourhood and then, one night, he kidnapped her. It's been a very bad thing, for years and years my father felt like he had no more brother. Years passed by, then we heard my uncle was dying. At his death bed my father forgave his brother and so did we. He died in peace. Well done, Dad, love you!

130828 - psychiatrisch centrum sint norbertus duffel

No comments:

Post a Comment

reactinos or comments