Inside my Vincenzo Miroglio & Figli


                                In a recycling shop in Antwerp-Kiel I heard the sound of a single guitar string.
                                My daughter discovered a tiny, crappy guitar, one of an old and cheap Italian brand.
                                She looked awefull, the top teared loose from the sidewood.
                                Yet I bought her for €10, at least the tonewood appeared to be of a fine solid quality.
                                It's tiny body made it impossible to reach the crack by hand, still I managed to repair.
                                It's saddle I restored, the cheap paint I removed and the naked wood I polished.
                                At last I waxed it and wiped the guitar into a satinous shining beauty.
                                Now she looks and sounds better every day. She's my dear Miroglio.

120915 - gitaar vincenzo miroglio & figli
120915 - gitaar vincenzo miroglio

                        
                               One tune key was missing, plastic's broken. I could not find a replacement
                               set of the right measure. A small piece of iron, a file and the help of
                               an autogenous welder did the job. 


130314 - stemsleutel miroglio
130314 - stemsleutel miroglio
130322 - miroglio